Webinar: Avoiding Education IP “Pitfalls” and “Red Flags” in China
Date & Time:
|8 am (Beijing Time), Wednesday, January 27th, 2021|
9 pm (Beijing Time), Thursday, January 28th, 2021
|Avoiding Education IP “Pitfalls” and “Red Flags” in China|
|Mr. Elliot Papageorgiou, Head of Intellectual Property and Partner of global law firm Clyde & Co., has been involved in many education service / content / media projects in China over his 26+ year professional career, 16+ of which in China. Over the years, Elliot had repeatedly witnessed international education providers come to the negotiation table un- or under- prepared. In this webinar, Elliot will share with us on how to prepare a “China-ready” Educational IP portfolio, including how to extend, perfect and formalise your Copyright, Brands, Designs, how to maximise the opportunities and avoid the “pitfalls” and “red flags” when bringing your institution’s IP to China.|
|Elliot Papgeorgiou |
|Free of Charge|
To register for this event, please fill out the following registration form as well as set up an account by clicking here. If you have any other questions, please email Amanda at Amanda@chinahighereducation.org or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
- Attendance: Attendance to CHE events is guaranteed only after having received a confirmation of attendance email from CHE. Purchase of a ticket does not necessarily ensure attendance. If you are not sure of your status, please contact CHE.
- Participation: Participation in CHE’s events is ONLY for professionals working in the tertiary education industry or related services sector. CHE reserves the right to cancel any purchased tickets and/or refuse admission to those not working in such sectors. If you are not sure of your status, please contact CHE BEFORE you purchase your ticket. Participation in CHE’s events for those not in the tertiary education industry (or related services sector) is by INVITATION ONLY.
- New Webinar Attendees/Webex Users: Please see the www.webex.com website for details on how to use the software. We start our webinars approximately 30 minutes before the scheduled start time to provide an opportunity for attendees to test their connection and to ask questions.
- Webinar Connection: In the event of any disruption to the (Internet) connection during a webinar that significantly affects the quality of the webinar, CHE will either a) provide an audio recording of the webinar and share the slides or b) provide credit towards a future webinar of the participant’s choice.
- Audio Record/Slides Distribution: As a standard practise CHE do not provide audio record and slides sharing after the webinar.
- Refund Policy: for a paid event, if an event is cancelled by CHE, a full refund will be provided. For any customers/organisations who have purchased a ticket and either do not attend the event or do not meet any of the above criteria, no refund will be provided. No refund will be provided for attendees who are unable to access the webinar to due to issues with connectivity, user experience or technology at their end.
- Stay in touch with more CHE events: sign up to our free News Bulletin mailing list.
- To become a Speaker / Panelist, or hosting your own event through CHE platform, please get in touch with email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org