The Medical Higher Education Landscape in China
China has the world’s largest medical education system, with more than 600,000 students graduating from almost 600 institutions. Yet many medical graduates do not enter into professional practice and the curriculum remains narrowly focused on biomedicine, medical technology, and clinical practice.
This report endeavours to help foreign institutions gain a better understanding of the medical higher education market in China including existing MOE-approved joint medical programs and career prospects for graduates. Updated MOE policies for joint programs and other collaborations are also included in the report.
The report explains the different types of institutions that offer medical degree courses in China as well as a number of different pathways to obtain a medical degree and practice clinical medicine in China, including both diploma and degree programs.
The report also looks at the current status of and trends in career prospects for medical graduates working in clinics, pharmaceutical industry, and the potential landscape change brought about by the privatization of the public health sector.
This report will help your institution gain a deeper understanding of the medical education and graduate landscape in China.
Specifically, this report will help your institution understand:
- Key components of the university education system including: a guide to tuition fee structure, scholarships and loan systems for Chinese students studying medicine;
- An overview of the higher education curriculum development within the medicine field;
- Recent policy changes and their impacts on studying and working in medicine in China;
- Existing MOE-approved joint programs and similar collaborations between universities in China and overseas;
- Current recruitment processes for Chinese students looking to study overseas;
- Challenges and trends of medical graduates and their career prospects.
A list of reputable Chinese universities is also supplied to assist you in approaching suitable institutes for potential partnerships.
This report is available as a Standard and Tailored report.
To purchase the full report, please contact us.