Sino-Foreign R&D Collaborations in China – China Higher Education Newsletter, Issue 4
Focusing on R&D in China, this issue includes:Feature Article: Sino-Foreign R&D Collaborations in China We provide an overview of R&D in China over the past decade, examining developments in R&D by sector, by activity and by leading fields of research, as well as recent trends in Sino-foreign co-authored publications. Examining the landscape of existing models of Sino-foreign research partnerships and joint labs, as well as the range of funding sources, this feature will help you and your institution:
- Deepen your understanding of R&D in China, particularly in the higher education sector;
- Help determine whether deepening R&D collaboration in China will have the desired outcomes for your institution;
- Understand the underlying motivations for Chinese universities to establish joint research collaboration, as well as changes in their approach to selection of partners;
- Learn about future trends in R&D in China, notably changes to funding and which institutions will receive priority; and
- Understand existing challenges in Sino-foreign R&D partnerships, such as funding timelines and commercialization of patents, and their impact on the success and profitability of joint research projects.
- Project 985 research funding estimates for leading Chinese universities; and
- Leading Chinese universities by total research funding.
- Chinese R&D by province (including total spend, R&D funding intensity and personnel);
- Higher education researchers in China, relative to the UK, Japan and the EU;
- Chinese patents (applications, grants and information by sector in China); and
- Updated data on Chinese students abroad, as well as returnees.